Monday, October 22, 2012

Printmaking

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement). 
My artwork showed movement through the plants that are bent in the background. For balance I have the heavy seahorse balanced wit some heavy plants. It is unified because it all makes an underwater scene come together.
  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added contrast and texture by cutting deeper in some parts. Also not even cutting into any parts. Yes, this is important because to make the stencil look good you need to have contrast and texture.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I did this by choosing to color parts of my sketch black and parts of it white. I then cut the black parts out of the linoleum to show this.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
I think my cuts were detailed enough for you to tell what the overall picture is. I would say it has an overall good appearance.

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
Yes, there was depth in my art. There was the plants for the background and middle ground, and the seahorse for the foreground.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
I did enjoy doing the printmaking, but I did have some obstacles. It was difficult to get all of the pieces of plant to show, even though all of them were not carved out all the way. The seahorse stood out really well though!

No comments:

Post a Comment