Thursday, September 20, 2012

Value Portrait

1. The first step to creating my value drawing was to trace the different shades of the picture I was given. Then I had to transfer the shading parts over to my sketch book. I then looked from my drawing to my sketch book and began to draw the face. I started out with the darkest shades and went to the lightest.

2. I found the different values in the portrait by first taping a piece of transferring paper to the front of the black and white picture of the boy. I then traced all of the different shades that I found on the picture. After I thought I found all the different shading I went back to double check and see if I missed any.

3. I think I did achieve a full range of different values in my portrait. I did this by first starting with his shirt which is the darkest shade. I then went to his face and shaded the whole thing lightly and went back and shaded the parts that needed to be shaded darker.

4. I would say my craftmanship for this project was pretty good. It turned out a lot better than I thought it was going to look. I think I executed this project and crafted it well.

5. During this project I did have some obstacles I had to overcome before I moved on to the next step. One obstacle I had was finding all of the different shades of color in his hair and face. Another obstacle I had was making the colors on his face really blend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment